Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coffee at the Bank

I find much excitement in finding little spots in my world that inspire and delight me. If I'm being honest, it doesn't take much. ;0) But, the more I get acquainted with my new town and its surrounding areas, the more charming havens of comfort I find. "Coffee and More at the Bank" is one of those special places. Coffee, breakfast, and lunch is served daily in a historic building that once was a bank and then a lumber company (or perhaps it is the other way around?)
And believe me when I tell you the food is just as appealing as the unusual atmosphere. Owners, Deb and Wayne Sanford, stand out from all others with delicious "home cooked meals in just a few minutes wait". 

I get giddy at any possibility of eating there and try to make every excuse I can think of to do so; lunch with Dale, breakfast with out-of-town family, a much needed mom's morning out. 

Such was the case last Saturday, Feb. 5. I met two of my girlfriends, Rebecca and Angie, for breakfast. 


The bank's atmosphere invites quiet conversation. Meaningful conversation coupled with a good cup of coffee and a delicious meal shared with great friends invites comfort and peace for the soul. What I'm trying to say is, it was a BLESSED morning!


I want to invite you to take a look around and see what all the fuss is about...
Come On In!
Stained-glass sign above entrance...
Simple wreath adorned with coffee related antiques...
{Sigh}
Bar stool seating at old teller stations
The Vault
Guests can reserve the vault for private dining during special events. Dale and I have reserved it for this Saturday to celebrate Valentine's Day...like I said, any excuse. ;0)
Table Centerpiece
Sometimes I like to sit and soak in all the wonderful details of the room, like this simple white coffee cup and saucer used as a sugar bowl/table centerpiece. The red bow is a perfect contrast to the black and white checkered tablecloths.


A quaint, corner coffee shop....good friends....tasteful decorations....
a historic building...interesting architecture....delicious food....

I believe joy and contentment come from appreciating the simple, 
ordinary things in life and acknowledging that all good 
and perfect gifts come from the Lord. I live my life with this conviction....and life is good, my friends. :0)

1 comment:

clambert11 said...

Take pictures of the vault when you go! I would love that place, too!