Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Savored Summer Memories


"Our fear of death is like our fear that summer will be short, but when we have had our swing of pleasure, our fill of fruit, and our swelter of heat, we say we have had our day."
-   John Donne, 1620


There are many things that could be said about our summer of, but it could never be said that it was dull or uneventful. There were countless times I planned to blog about our weekly adventures only to find that I lacked the time or energy because another adventure had already begun. So here I sit, determined to make note of the last three months of my life before I begin a single blog about the much anticipated days of Fall.
Because I cannot remember when things happened or in what order, you're about to experience a random collection of my favorite memories captured in my favorite photos. Go ahead and get comfortable. Unlike the lazy days of summer, you might be here awhile.
Camping and Swimming at the Lake
 Ready, set, JUMP!!

Juliette, Lauren, Olivia, Belle
  Dinner at The Blue Pig...

Telephone.... 
Richard and Livy...Buddies one minute, mortal enemies the next...
 
Good times!

My Daddy's First Visit to MO....
The Arch

A proud Grandpa moment....
Enjoying the view together....


 Outdoor seating...my favorite!  Disclaimer: My children were not drinking alcohol...I promise!


Taking a break from swimming at the lake with friends...

Belle and Grace waiting for 4th of July fireworks to start...

The Birthday Girl

 Picnic lunch at one of our family's favorite state parks...

Hiking along the lush, scenic trails...
 

 A rainbow of color....

An evening at Grandpa and Nana's Farm
I bet that brought back happy memories...

One of Belle's favorite pastimes...holding baby goats.

Would a child's birthday be complete without cake?
 Would the 4th be complete without sparklers?


Quiet breakfast with Dad at my favorite restaurant.

Break from Juliette's birthday shopping spree.

Nice sticker, Grandpa. ;-)


Shopping in Historic St. Charles. I think everyone is excited except Richard.
 So the girls and boys split up....
Sugar scrub spa treatment. Our hands were soooo soft that day.

Outside one of their Mom's favorite stores.

Extra bunny ears for the bunny. Cute Belle.
More camping...


Dawn gives me tips on how to do a serious, sexy pose with a fake gun. LOL! Okay, this one would need lots of practice.
After a long day of swimming and playing in the hot sun, our kiddos are plum tuckered out.

Our niece, Amie, and her delightful family visit from MD...

Finally....a cute pose of them all together.
Spirit, spunk, smarts, stunning.....Samantha. What a cutie!
 
Richard and Josh play peek-a-boo with Amie...
 Richard's first T-ball game...
So grown up...



This is Richard watching the hitter. This is as serious as it gets for this boy.
I think he enjoyed having a cheering section. ;-)

Random Summer Joy...
My baby boy; Milo James
Just look at that face...and those paws...
Juliette and Richard playing house...
My poor tortured son....is there any hope for him?
An exquisite yard sale find. Paid $6, worth $200. A child's tea set; perfect for our Mother and Daughter Tea Parties.
As you can see, it's not just my son that is tortured.
One of those precious moments in life....
Someone needs to get that pig a napkin!
The largest rainbow I've ever seen. You could see it's beginning and it's end.





 A Leisurely Sunday Afternoon...
Lunch next to a peaceful dam...
  Meandering trails lead to a natural spring...
A beautiful lagoon in the middle of nowhere
Year-round, 54 degree water has Juliette on the shore as quickly as possible. 
Meanwhile, Belle can't pass up a deal with her Daddy

Dale says he'll go under if she goes under. Bet he regretted making that deal!




 Sunday Dinner at Dad and Leslie's
Dr. Pepper Ribs, Smokey Baked Beans, Homemade "KFC" Coleslaw



And to top it all off.....Blackberry Cobbler with Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream
Thank you Lord, for summer's bounty and blessings that are too numerous to count.
 Our 12 Year Anniversary
A GREAT movie!
An interesting restaurant.

An amazing menu selection.
Outstanding Paninis! I'm not exaggerating. Wow!
A relaxing float trip.

A beautiful, scenic sunset.
A cozy cottage restaurant.



All shared with my best friend. Life couldn't get any better.
And to finish the summer off....



you guessed it! Another camping trip. LOL!







Add caption
Goodbye summer! You'll be missed.
 

1 comment:

clambert11 said...

Looks like an amazing summer, Amanda! Glad to see that Belle can give Dale a run for his money! :)